Monday, July 21, 2014

My first Monday Made it!!






Happy Monday!!


I am thrilled to be linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for her amazing weekly linky party, Monday Made It! 

I LOVE and I mean LOVE reading Monday Made It each week.....what inspiring ideas!!! So, here we go!!


I have wanted a teacher's toolbox for a LONG time. Well this year, thanks to some great suggestions made from my great followers on my facebook page, I have decided to go deskless!! Yes...I do mean get rid of my teacher's desk! DUN DUN DUN!! The idea made me very nervous at first, but the more I thought about it, I realized my desk always ends up becoming the dump it, do it later, don't want to/have time to look at it right now disaster area. I swear some days after school I spend half an hour organizing the paper pile. My new classroom has a built in desk that faces the wall. (I am moving to a new school four hours away from where I have been teaching for the last six years......BUT it is right by my hometown!! Yay for moving home!) 

So...here is the desk area in my new classroom. Yes, there sits the traditional desk, but behind it you see the built in!! 


So....since I won't have desk drawers to  lose keep all my supplies in, I decided to create one of those amazingly organized and handy teacher toolboxes. I got in the car, told hubby we are going to his favorite store (Menards) to get a teacher's toolbox. He gave me a look, but shrugged it off. I had him at Menards. Here is what I bought:



I then created my labels. They are available here, or by clicking on the picture below.


I am loving the toolbox....I hope it will help me stay organized, and it fulfills my need for all things chevron and birdie!

Not a GREAT photo...but you get the idea. :)



The other day I was at Target, and happened across this little ditty. 

IT LIGHTS UP. 


Immediately my wheels started turning. Each year my students have trouble identifying which words signify a question versus a sentence. 
What better way to get their attention than with LIGHTS?? I will be hanging this up on my classroom wall with the question words I just created. 


Want a copy of my freebie question words? Click below!



Until next time!

Thanks for stopping by, 





\

12 comments:

  1. Love that ? sign. Simply adorable. Almost worth a trip to the big city to see if I can find one.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing. There were a couple colors too!! Thanks for stopping by the blog...I will be checking yours out!!

      Delete
  2. Love that light! Where in Target? The college area or the lamps? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily!! Thanks for checking out my post. They were in the college section. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your question mark idea! I saw that at Target too, but didn't know what I could use it for!

    Kay @ Sommer Pride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am stoked to use it!!! It is funny how teacher's minds are always thinking "How can I use this in my classroom?" Even when shopping for NON classroom stuff! :) Thanks for checking out my post!!

      Delete
  4. I MUST go get that question mark at Target. At Christmas they had light up words and I missed them. Every time I looked online they were sold out. ADORABLE!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! I must have missed the light up words too!! I am IN.LOVE. with the question mark light. Luckily it has a 3 hour timer on it...because I know myself and the kiddos will probably turn it on a lot at first. :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. I am with Alison . . . I MUST get one of those question marks. How much are they?
    Tonya
    The Way I Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling of "MUST get it" haha. Pretty sure those were the words I said to my hubby when I saw it. There are two sizes, this one was $9.99, and I think the bigger one was $19.99. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

      Delete
  6. Got to head to Target now! Thanks for the free question words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by the blog!! I hope you are able to find the question mark! :)

      Delete