Friday, February 14, 2014

Whiteboard wow and Math Olympics!



Good Evening! It is been another busy (and freezing!) week here in Minnesota. Despite all the busy nights I could NOT wait to post about some successes in my classroom this week. 

I have four  leveled guided reading groups each day. Every day one or two kiddos forget to bring a pencil, book, or whiteboard back to work with me....and then we wait while that little sharpens their pencil, blows their nose, stares at the playground and then goes to get a whiteboard...well I have now purchased and started using the COOLEST. WHITEBOARDS. EVER...the best part about these? The kiddos cannot forget to bring one...it is on the table already! (Whiteboard stickers have improved group time efficiency so much in my little world!)





You can get those stickers HERE.

ALSO....I am so excited about  my newest TpT product...Math Olympics. My kiddos have LOVED participating in the "events". We hold a quick medal ceremony each day.....so fun!! Check out my Math Olympics product which includes 4 math centers: Addition Freeskate, Subtraction Speedskate (both are basic math facts practice) and Alpine Addition & Ski Jump Subtraction (3 digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping). Find it by clicking here or on the image below!



Stay tuned for my next post on my love of QR codes and Khan Academy as well as thrifty small group ideas!

Thanks for stopping by, 

Mrs. Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment