Thursday, February 20, 2014

QR Code Love, President's Project, and Shake, Spill, Roll!





As I write this there is a BLIZZARD outside. We were supposed to have conferences tonight but mother nature had a different idea! SOOO....I decided to take this bonus day off to tell you all about my love of using QR codes in my classroom....seriously...I. AM. OBSESSED. I visit this site every day to quickly download QR codes in seconds! (Next step: organize the oodles of QR codes on my computer!) 

This week we used QR codes in our Presidential Project. Each little chose a different president and did some research on our classroom iPads using...you guessed it...QR code links.


 The kiddos loved the independence of scanning the codes and working on their projects at their own pace. (Buzz word: Differentiation!!)

The "art part" of the project is also OH SO FUN! The kiddos traced a picture of their president and are currently in the process of making a big fun mess ripping and tearing paper to create a collage portrait!


Has Teddy Roosevelt ever looked so good?? :)



FDR!















 I will make sure to post the materials for the Presidential Project in my Freebies section this weekend!




Lastly today...the kiddos used my newest math centers Shake, Spill, & Roll today. We had a blast playing with these four centers and learning about fact families, number bonds, place value and review 3-digit addition and subtraction! See the photo below of my Shake & Spill Number Bonds/Fact Families game!



To download these centers, click here or the image below. On sale for $1.00 until Sunday!



Already so excited for my next post....I can't wait to tell you how Khan Academy has rocked our math world! 

Thanks for Stopping By, 
Mrs. Palmer

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love finding fellow Minnesota bloggers! Your blog design is amazing! I love your president portraits... I'm sure that process is challenging, yet relaxing for the students. I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog on how it works! :)

    Kelli
    Tales of a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! Thanks for nominating me!! I will be headed over to your blog to check it out after school today!! I also LOVE connecting with other MN bloggies!! The president's project is looong...but the kiddos and parents love it, and they learn something new about those gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete