Sunday, October 12, 2014

Classroom Reveal....FINALLY!! {Part 1}






So....yes....I AM posting my classroom reveal about 2 months late. But...HEY....better late than never right? I guess moving to a new school and four hours across the state has me #superbusy #whoaitisfridayalready? #uffda. 

Anyways, below are my before pictures. The first time I walked into this amazing classroom I saw it as a huge blank canvas for me. I loved the colors, and decided they would work great with my birds theme I have had for the past two school years. BUT...I decided to change it to what I am calling "Bright Birds". 


Here are my before pictures...
Looking in the room from the classroom door.
Another view from the door. Love my big window!

Desk area...I knew right away that desk had to go!

Where to put everything??
Small group and computer area...or corner where everything ended up..
Yay for storage! (Something I was lacking before!)

This new classroom was much larger than my classroom home the last four years. I was so excited at the possibilities!! I strive to create a warm cozy feel that my kiddos can think of as a home away from home AND will be able to do their absolute best...that's what we ALL want right?? :) It took me FOREVER to unpack my boxes! #ihavesomuchschoolstuff

So...without further blabbing...here is my bright birds classroom...
Looking in from hallway. For the first time I have some nice wide, open space.I have been trying to get rid of my mustfillallopenspaces mentality! :)Also, I love the nests I made
 and fussed over all summer. These hold my table numbers. And I used some bird clip 
art I found from Educlips here
My new desk area..and small group area! I got rid of the teacher desk...
and am loving it! Although I won't lie, my small group table often 
catches tons some clutter during the day. Trying to come up with a plan for that!
My focus wall/calendar/brag tag boards!
My tables. I love having the kiddos work in groups.
My writing area...thanks to my hubby for building that custom table for me!! 
{Want to know more about that amazing question mark...check out THIS post!! 
The thing lights up I tell you!!} 

 And now....for my FAVORITE part of the classroom!! Seriously...I and my students...are OBSESSED with our reading deck...yes I said deck! My seriously talented hubby patiently listened to my ideas for a classroom library change over and over and over...until I settled on a deck idea. Then...HE BUILT IT!! :) Check it out below.

I usually have five lanterns tied on..but will need to retie the rest with something other than fishing line...lesson learned! 
I LOVE this place! It...along with the tree really add to the comforting feeling in our classroom!

Also, here are some birdie products from my store to check out!! We LOVE our clip chart and use it daily!! The kiddos just CAN'T WAIT to earn that next colored clip!! What a motivator! Click on the pic to see it in my TpT store.  

Also...since I got rid of my desk...it was time to use a teacher's toolbox...so OF COURSE I had to create some birdie/chevron labels to use! Click below to check them out!


Lastly...I love using a whole class behavior tool. I use behavior bingo. Want to know more about that? Check out THIS post. :) Click the pic below to download this freebie!

Check back this week for my classroom reveal #2! I will show you some ways I manage the day to day goings on in our little cozy corner!

Thanks for stopping by!! 




7 comments:

  1. Your room looks fantastic! Really like the reading deck concept....so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess I am lucky to have a husband who listens to my ides...haha.

      Delete
  2. I love your classroom. It was fun to watch your makeover--it made me long for a bigger room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my reveal. This is my first year with a bigger classroom so I am stoked!

      Delete
  3. Of course the library is my favorite. What a great way to use the deck tile thingies. Love the bright bird touch too. I found really cute bird mobiles last year at the dollar tree and hung them with my animal print theme. It was so cute, but then...I got the news we were adding a third third grade teacher and guess who had to move. Sadness! My room just isn't the same. Oh well...life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I can tell you put a lot of hard work and thought into your room! I LOVE the reading deck! So glad your husband was able to bring that dream to reality.
    Burke's Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it!!! The deck idea is so creative. Looks great :)

    Ps- I didn't blog my classroom reveal yet either ;)

    www.schooldaisies.com.

    ReplyDelete